We are hiring for the below positions for the 2018-2019 Racing Season
Turf club servers
Concession stand personnel
Warehouse, concessions manager
Establishes high standards of quality products in all concession stands. Develops, and trains all personal in the department.
Oversees scheduling and staffing to ensure optimum level of service while controlling expenses.
Ensures standardized recipes are used in the concession stands to provide consistency and control food cost in those areas.
Oversees all areas of the bars and concession stands to ensure that established policies, procedures, standards are being met.
Control all expenses in the concessions, bars areas.
Maintain daily, monthly inventory levels.
Develops and maintains beverage standards to include specification of brands, par stock, and pouring practices, develop wine list, specialty cocktails, inventory controls, security, and cash handling procedures.
Establish and maintains ongoing training programs in the food and beverage areas, have weekly training meetings with warehouse and concession personal.
Develops and maintains food safety meeting, conducts safety meetings with all warehouse staff.
Develops and maintains monthly sanitation self –inspections, bars, concessions, warehouse, walk-ins.
Monitors inventory control system for beverage department.
Monitors food and beverage products from purchase, receiving, storage, preparation and utilization to ensure proper procedures for handling and security are being maintained.
Monitor and maintain food and beverage rotation (FIFO) program.
Ensures that all federal, state and local laws are being complied at all times.
Provide motivational leadership, led by example, in the following of company polices, employee behavior, being professional at all times with customers and employees.
Human Resources Manager
HR Manager position available immediately. Duties include but are not limited to: recruitment, new hire and benefits administration, employee relations, compliance with employment law regulations and maintenance of company policies and procedures. Requires a minimum of five years related experience in a large company with a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Hands-on experience utilizing payroll accounting software and timeclock systems. A bachelor's degree or equivalent and HR certification is preferred. Bilingual skills are a plus. This is a one-person department and requires a self-starter who enjoys working independently on a full range of duties from data input and analysis to monitoring employment law compliance.
Position overview (includes but not limited to)
Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises, patrons and personnel.
SECURITY OFFICER JOB DUTIES:
· Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry and checking for valid Racing Licenses.
· Notifies law Enforcement or Fire when necessary.
· Prevents loss and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
· Controls traffic by directing drivers.
· Completes reports of incidents that occur.
· Responds to basic medical emergencies.
· Maintains equipment and complies with legal requirements.
· Be at least 18 years old with no Felony convictions
· A valid Arizona Guard Card is NOT a requirement of this position.
· Ability to pass a background check through the State to obtain a Racing License.
· Be of good physical and mental ability.
Former Law Enforcement, Military or other First Responders are encouraged to apply.
Will Train for this position.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Position Overview (includes but is not limited to):
· Maintain and service all motorized and non-motorized track maintenance equipment, including but not limited to:
o Farming tractors
o Front-end Loaders
o General auto-mechanic knowledge
· Conduct general garage practices including checking oil levels, changing tires, checking antifreeze, boosting, steam clean, dip readings.
· Test drive equipment to ensure safety and optimum working order of vehicles.
· Weld and use torch to repair and/or rebuild equipment.
· Complete and maintain all documents/records in a timely and accurate manner as required. This includes; work orders, log books, inspection logs, and other required documents.
· Respond in a timely and effective manner to unexpected and immediate needs of equipment operators.
· Consistently uphold and demonstrate safety rules and standards.
· Advise management of any occurrences which may impede operations
· Identify and recommend opportunities for improving services or operational performance to management
- Must have a minimum of five years as a heavy equipment mechanic (including but not limited to diesel equipment, caterpillar, tractors, trucks, and harrows).
- Must possess a valid operator license.
- Must be able to qualify for an Arizona Department of Racing License (no felony convictions).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Must own and provide a variety of tools.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- Must be proficient at diagnosing electrical and mechanical issues with a variety of tools.
OFF TRACK -
Work in locations through-out the state of Arizona year-round. Off Track Mutuel Tellers are responsible for the selling and cashing of all mutuel tickets for simulcast races. They are also responsible for maintaining a change bank, and for cashing and selling tickets. They must complete required paperwork and balance the bank at the end of their shift. We hire Off Track Tellers on a year-round basis.
ON TRACK –
Work at the race track as a Mutuel Teller. These are seasonal positions. On track tellers work 4 hour shifts, approximately 3 days/week (including Saturdays) during the racing season (from October through the first week of May.)
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
· Must be eligible for racing license (no felony convictions)
· Cash handling experience
· Good understanding of horse race betting desired
· Must have reliable transportation, and must be reliable
Work our special event dates (typically 1-2 Saturdays per month).
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment. Click below, or come in to our General Offices. Turf Paradise is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).