HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Position Overview (includes but is not limited to):
· Maintain and service all motorized and non-motorized track maintenance equipment, including but not limited to:
o Farming tractors
o Front-end Loaders
o General auto-mechanic knowledge
· Conduct general garage practices including checking oil levels, changing tires, checking antifreeze, boosting, steam clean, dip readings.
· Test drive equipment to ensure safety and optimum working order of vehicles.
· Weld and use torch to repair and/or rebuild equipment.
· Complete and maintain all documents/records in a timely and accurate manner as required. This includes; work orders, log books, inspection logs, and other required documents.
· Respond in a timely and effective manner to unexpected and immediate needs of equipment operators.
· Consistently uphold and demonstrate safety rules and standards.
· Advise management of any occurrences which may impede operations
· Identify and recommend opportunities for improving services or operational performance to management
- Must have a minimum of five years as a heavy equipment mechanic (including but not limited to diesel equipment, caterpillar, tractors, trucks, and harrows).
- Must possess a valid operator license.
- Must be able to qualify for an Arizona Department of Racing License (no felony convictions).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Must own and provide a variety of tools.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- Must be proficient at diagnosing electrical and mechanical issues with a variety of tools.
OFF TRACK -
Work in locations through-out the state of Arizona year-round. Off Track Mutuel Tellers are responsible for the selling and cashing of all mutuel tickets for simulcast races. They are also responsible for maintaining a change bank, and for cashing and selling tickets. They must complete required paperwork and balance the bank at the end of their shift. We hire Off Track Tellers on a year-round basis.
ON TRACK –
Work at the race track as a Mutuel Teller. These are seasonal positions. On track tellers work 4 hour shifts, approximately 3 days/week (including Saturdays) during the racing season (from October through the first week of May.)
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
· Must be eligible for racing license (no felony convictions)
· Cash handling experience
· Good understanding of horse race betting desired
· Must have reliable transportation, and must be reliable
Work our special event dates (typically 1-2 Saturdays per month).
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment. Click below, or come in to our General Offices. Turf Paradise is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).